Local 1050 Update
· February 18, 2021- Attendance Bonus Payout
· February 25, 2021-Performance Pay Payout after deducting out the next three years of Medical weekly contribution funding will be .7% payout.
· February 18 & 19, 2021-We will be having Arbitration Hearings.
· February 25 & 26, 2021-We will be having 3rd step grievance hearings.
· March 1, 2021-Effective date for all general wage increases of an additional 2% per wage rate.
· The Women’s, Civil & Human Rights & Veteran’s Committees will be conducting our UAW/ Howmet Joint Outreach event at an organization called “Trails for Hope”. Please look for communications seeking volunteers in helping the homeless.
· The company has recently been discipling “only hourly” employees for not wearing masks while at the facility or improperly wearing a mask. There are no more warnings. They have been immediately issuing discipline after noncompliance so please wear your masks.
· The Bargaining Committee has been continuously working on finalizing the new contract and all the language changes to the point that we are waiting for a draft version from the Printer. Once both sides agree on the complete content, they will be mass printed for everyone to receive a copy.
· We have an updated COVID-19 Howmet Guidelines from January 22, 2021 posted on our website for quick reference on the process of how the company is handling the specific situation you may be in regarding exposure. Since the Virus has been tracked at our facility, there have been a total of 103 individuals that have tested positive for COVID-19.
· Hopefully we can soon have Membership Meetings whenever the Governor lifts the restrictions. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Committee Members if you have concerns or need questions answered.
· Hopefully this Virus can be beaten in a more expeditious fashion so we can get back with our normal routines of living our lives and not have to keep away from each other. Whenever the Airline Industry starts picking up, we can get our laid off Members back to work much sooner than later.
President, UAW Local 1050